Adding extra garlic to this recipe makes this Cod and Potatoes an easy go-to.
This is the first recipe I’ve done in a while. The kids were home already from school and vacation had started. Diana decided to take them to Michaels while I cooked so she packed them in the van and headed out. I took a little too long trying to get the cameras and stuff ready and they were already heading back. Haha. Enter the kids.
Lucas is starting to crawl. Ugh. I’m already thinking about the possible falls and the running throughout the living room. I can already hear myself asking him to “slow down please!”. That’s our dog, Mushi. She’s a pekingese. Our first “baby”. She’s almost 13 yrs old or 91 in dog years. I want to make sure she plays with the kids as much as possible. They love pulling her hair.
Diana gets excited watching Lucas crawl. He’s our last baby so we’re enjoying every second. The feeling knowing he’s our last baby is odd. It’s feels…….bittersweet. Hope he likes fish.
Heres the recipe for this meal. It’s great for two days. With fish, its better to warm up on a pan or an oven. (Of course that’s only if you can. I didn’t microwave but I’m sure it’ll be fine)
- 2 cod fillets (patted dry)
- 2 cups yellow potatoes, chopped into very small cubes
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tbsp grass fed butter
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tsp dry)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 tsp dry)
- 2 tsp green onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Mix 2 tbsp EVOO, garlic, oregano, thyme, 2 tsp salt, and 2 tsp pepper in a small bowl. Take mix and brush it over both side of the fillets. Set aside.
- Heat a pan to med-high heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tbsp butter.
- Place chopped potatoes in pan and saute until golden brown, about 5-7 mins. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Add 1 tsp water then cover. Cook an additional 5 mins or until potatoes are tender inside. Turn off, set aside and let cool.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and remaining 1/2 tbsp butter to hot pan.
- Cook fillets until golden brown on both side and cover. Cook until it reaches an internal temp of 145F.
- Add potatoes to containers, add fillets, top with green onions and you're all set.