It’s Paleo, its juicy, its meaty, and it works perfect for your meal prep.
Korean Stir-Fried Beef
Daylight savings is here as I type this outside my house in my porch around 6:30pm and it’s super friggin dark outside. I live in Florida so the best part of the year (for me) is fall and spring. I love the summer but it can get really hot here. Unbearably hot that you’ll do whatever it takes not to do anything outdoor related. Now with this fall weather, I can’t stop finding reasons to be outside.
I wait all year for this weather and I’m going to enjoy it to the fullest. Recipe creation? Outside. Website work? Outside. Coffee? Outside please.
- Meat marinade:
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp tapioca flour
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced thin against the grain, 2 inch pieces
- 1 napa cabbage head, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 carrots, medium, sliced using a peeler
- 2 zucchini's, sliced using a peeler
- In a small bowl, add marinade ingredients and whisk well. Set aside.
- For the stir-fry, whisk lime juice and coconut aminos in a small bowl then add to beef. Let sit 15 mins. In a separate bowl, mix half the green onions, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and 1 tbsp melted coconut oil. In a large, 12 inch iron skillet (or sauté pan) heat 1 tbsp coconut oil then add beef. Make sure to break up any clumps. Another method is to cook half the beef at a time to ensure even browning of the meat. Cook about 2 mins or until brown.
- Next, heat 1/2 tbsp coconut oil in the same pan. Add carrots and zucchini. Mix and cook 3-5 mins. Add cabbage, then cook stirring frequently about 3 mins. Using your spoon, make space in the center of the pan by clearing away the carrot and zucchini, then add garlic ginger mix. Cook 1 min then mix well with veggies. Stir then add the coconut amino, lime juice, tapioca flour mix to the veggies. Add beef and all it's juices back into the pan. Mix well and cook an additonal 1-2 mins.
- Let food cool before adding it to your containers. The better quality your containers, the better your food will taste!
- PRO TIP: A bad seal in your container will result to bad tasting food. Spend the extra bucks and buy quality containers that won't warp or crack.