This Paleo Chicken and Roasted Golden Potatoes recipe hits home with serious flavor. I use ghee and olive oil in this recipe to make sure everything stays juicy.
Please do me a favor. Don’t just go out and buy any potato. You need gold potatoes. There really, REALLY is a big difference. I mean, if you have red potatoes laying around of course, use those but if you don’t, buy golden please. Do yourself that favor.
Coconut oil baby. I need all the anti-inflammatory help I can get. IBD is a witch.
Basically we put that pan on high, cook the chicken on one side until your desired doneness, then add potatoes and place in a 400F oven for 25-35 mins depending on the size off our drumsticks.
Make sure to cut the potatoes thin enough to allow them to cook evenly and thoroughly.
I added a crunchy snack that is also cooked in coconut oil. Jacksons Honest tortilla chips. Super crispy and good for you.
And Lucas woke up right after I cooked it all! Hey I can’t complain. He let me finish cooking and that’s all I needed. Not easy carrying a baby in one hand and tongs on the other.
- 2 drum sticks
- 2 cups golden potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ginger lemon seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In small bowl, mix 3 tsp ghee (at room temp), 1 tbsp salt, 2 tsp pepper.
- Season chicken well with ghee paste. Set aside for 10 mins covered in fridge.
- In a large bowl mix chopped potatoes, olive oil, 1 tbsp kosher salt, 2 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp garlic powder. Mix well.
- Heat iron skillet to med-high heat. Add coconut oil. Place drum sticks on skillet. Should hear it sear when it hits the pan.
- Cook 5-8 mins or until golden brown. Flip drum sticks then add potatoes around chicken making sure they get to bottom of pan too.
- Place in oven and cook on middle rack for 25-35 mins depending on your oven and size of drum sticks. Use a meat thermometer to ensure it reads 175F. To get a crispier chicken, broil on low for an additional 2-3 mins and remove.
- Remove from oven, let cool. Serve and enjoy!
- Good 2-3 days in fridge.
If you make this recipe be sure to come back and give me your feedback or make sure to tag me on Instagram.