Felt kinda fancy, decided to make a one pan chicken meal prep this week.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
In this recipe, we combine chicken breast and orzo pasta together to create one delicious meal.
- 2 ea large chicken thighs, large
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ea shallots, chopped
- 1 ½ cup orzo
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Basil leaves
- Olive oil
- 1 cup bocconcini
- In a medium saucepan, cook the chicken with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Once it’s cooked, set it to the side.
- In the same pan, saute the shallots in olive oil.
- Then add in the orzo and the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add in water and cover with a lid.
- Once the rice has cooked fully, remove the lid, add in the bocconcini and basil and mix together.
- After everything has been mixed thoroughly, add in the cooked chicken.
- You can now separate everything into separate meal containers and refrigerate until ready to enjoy!
Serving Size:1 meal
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.2gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 670mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 13g