Have you ever wondered How To Cook Asparagus the right way? We’re sure you’ve cooked asparagus the wrong way a time or two… and we want to help! Here are some easy to follow tips on how to pick the freshest asparagus spears on your next trip to the market – and cook it perfectly when you get home! Once you’ve got the basics down, you can put this How To Make Asparagus 5 Ways article to the test. Whoop!
How To Make Asparagus:
- In the oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F. Toss asparagus in a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- In an air fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Toss asparagus in a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Air fry for 10-15 minutes, or until light browning occurs.
- In a fry-pan: Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add asparagus. Pan fry for about 10 minutes, until tender. Add salt and pepper and maybe a little lemon.
- On the grill: Preheat grill or grill pan. Toss asparagus in a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Grill over direct, high heat 2-3 minutes for thin spears; 5-6 minutes for the thicker ones.
- How to blanch asparagus: Fill a medium pot with 4-6 cups water and 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil, add asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes (depending on thickness), until tender but still yielding a crunch. Immediately after, drain and shock asparagus in ice cold water to halt cooking and for vibrant color.
- In a steam tray: Place 3-4 cups of water at the bottom of a steam pot and bring to a boil. Insert steam basket with your asparagus spears in the tray. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes for thin asparagus; 6-8 minutes for thick.
- In the microwave: Lay your trimmed asparagus flat on about 3-5 wetted and wrung-out paper towels. Add a bit of salt – and roll paper towels and asparagus into a bundle. Cook in the microwave for around 3 minutes. Test doneness and add more time in 20-second increments if needed.
Now on to the fun stuff!
View this post on Instagram
Five Ways to Cook Asparagus:
- Oven Baked Parmesan Asparagus Fries
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (Keto)
- Garlic Butter Sauteed Asparagus
- Cheesy Asparagus Gratin
Sauteed Asparagus with Morels
What are some of your favorite ways to make asparagus? Let us know in the comments below
And for more Meal Prep Recipes… Click Here