Brazilian Style Skirt Steak Meal Prep (Keto compliant)
If you’ve ever eaten at a Brazilian steakhouse, you’ll agree that while the food is certainly delicious even thought it’s not necessarily healthy or budget-friendly. A delicious, juicy steak seasoned the Brazilian way is still one of our favorite meals though, so that’s why we’re excited to present you with this Brazilian-style skirt steak meal prep recipe!
What we refer to as the “Brazilian” style of cooking steak is actually what is known traditionally as churrasco, a Portuguese word that translates roughly to “barbecue”! Churrasco’s roots run deep into the rich historical tradition of the gaúchos—The wayward horsemen of southern Brazil, Uruguay, and Venezuela. The gaúchos are so iconic, in fact, that even centuries later they are national symbols in all three of those countries!
Keto Brazilian Style Skirt Steak Meal Prep is an easy meal prep recipe for whole30, Paleo and Keto compliant mal plans. This recipe is done on the grill making clean up a breeze!
- 16 oz Skirt Steak trimmed and cut into 4-inch pieces
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh black pepper
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 2 tbs Ghee
- 1 tbs Chopped flat leaf parsley
- 16 ounces bell peppers assorted colors, if desired - sliced
- 4 ounces red onion sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel the garlic cloves and smash them with the side of a chef’s knife. Sprinkle the garlic lightly with salt and mince it.
- Slice Peppers and onions. Remove seeds and ribs from peppers; cut lengthwise into strips and slice the onion.
- Pat the steak dry and season generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat grill to high heat and sear 1 -2 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Then Grill Peppers and onions.
- Transfer the steak to a plate and let rest while you make the garlic butter.
- In an 8-inch skillet, melt butter over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, swirling the pan frequently, until lightly golden, about 4 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain and mix it with the pepper and onions. Then, spoon the garlic butter over the steak and sprinkle with the parsley
- Divide between your meal prep containers.
- Store up to 5 days.