Who said meal preps have to be boring?
There’s definitely a place for simple meals- but if you’re looking for something a little fancier and packed FULL of flavor, this meal is perfect for you! Plus, it only requires one pot so there’s less cleanup.
I’ll share the full recipe below, please tag me if you try this one!
Yield: 4 servings
One Pot French Onion Pasta Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
This easy pasta dish is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. It’s also great for entertaining guests because it comes together quickly and easily.
- ¼ Cup Ghee, or butter
- ½ Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Honey
- ¼ cup garlic, minced
- 2 Cups Mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 2 tbsp salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 lb Bison
- 3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 penne pasta, box
- 3 Cups Chicken bone broth
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Set a large pot over medium heat on the stove and melt your butter then add in the chopped onion, honey and garlic.
- Let that brown for 5-7 minutes then add in your mushrooms, thyme and seasonings.
- Stir together and let cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in your bison, (if you’re looking for a higher protein meal- make it with 2 lbs).
- Once that has browned, add in the worcestershire sauce, pasta and broth.
- Cover with a lid and let the pasta cook until it’s softened and the broth has been mostly absorbed.
- Remove the lid and mix in your goat cheese.
- After it melts, turn off the burner and let it sit for another 3-5 minutes so the butter and cheese can set.
- Next, evenly distribute the pasta to your favorite meal prep containers and enjoy through the week!
Serving Size:1 meal
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 19gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 4494mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 30g