Need a healthier alternative for your carb obsession? Try this filling Mediterranean pasta bake packed with protein and all the savory feta.
Yield: 4 servings
Mediterranean Pasta Bake Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
A delicious Italian dish made from fresh ingredients. Try it out today!
- 8 oz. chickpea pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, cracked
- 12 oz. sirloin beef, cube
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup halved artichoke hearts, halved
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, cracked
- 1 cup pineapple, cube
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cube
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF and lightly grease an 8×11 casserole dish.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium skillet for 2 minutes.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Add beef to skillet and sear for 2 minutes.
- Turn beef using tongs and add spinach to the skillet. Cook 2 minutes longer to wilt spinach.
- Cook beef until temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare.
- Drain pasta and add to the casserole dish.
- Stir together ingredients for dressing.
- Pour half of the dressing over warm pasta and toss to coat. Stir in steak and spinach.
- Top with olives, tomatoes and kalamata olives.
- Pour remaining dressing over vegetables. Top with crumbled feta cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
- Divide pasta between large compartments of 4 teal meal prep containers. Add fruit salad to small compartments.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 553Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 1489mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 13gSugar: 16gProtein: 37g