Fish Stick Taco Bowls
Thank you so much to Gorton’s Seafood for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
The best weekend meal prep that you, and your kids, will love! With air fried fish sticks, cilantro lime rice, cabbage, carrots, and onions. Add some guac or salsa if you’re a little extra!
Fun fact: The average American only gets half the amount of seafood he or she should consume, based on the USDA’s recommendation to eat seafood at least 2x/week.
I know some of you are more on point with your fish intake, but sometimes I completely overlook the seafood department when I’m at the grocery store. I’ll end up buying bulk meats, that I can portion out and save for later, and not even think about prepping fish.
This week I took a bit of a different approach… when I was scrolling through IG, I saw a burrito bowl that looked amazing. I decided that this week I was going to do a taco bowl and switch things up with frozen fish sticks.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Gorton’s Crunchy Fish Sticks
- Red Onion
- White Rice
Parents!! Let me know, in the comments below, if you give this fish taco meal prep bowl a try and how your kids like it! 🙂
Fish Stick Taco Bowls
The best weekend meal prep that you, and your kids, will love! With air fried fish sticks, cilantro lime rice, cabbage, carrots, and onions. Add some guac or salsa if you're a little extra!
- 24 ea Fish Sticks, Gorton's, frozen crunchy
- 1/2 ea cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup carrot (medium), shredded
- 1 ea lime
- 2 cups Cooked White Rice, cooked
- 1 bunch Fresh cilantro
- 1/4 ea red onion, finely chopped
Air Fried Fish Sticks
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400 degrees
- Place 24 Gorton's crunchy fish sticks in the air fryer basket
- Cook the fish sticks for 6 minutes, then shake basket or flip the sticks over and continue cooking for the last 4-6 minutes. Until the breading is golden brown and crispy
- While your rice is cooking, Chop the cabbage and onion into thin strips
- Build the taco bowl by layering the ingredients in your meal prep container. I did cilantro lime rice in half of the container, then the other half was:
- Shredded carrots
- Squeeze lime over the fresh ingredients then top with fish sticks
Serving Size:4 meals
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 354mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g