Okay hear me out, Grilled Veggie & Orzo Pasta Salad
Here are 3 ways you can eat this:
1. As a meatless main dish
2. With your favorite protein added (like salmon or chicken)
3. As a side dish
Let me know which you would choose!
Yield: 4 servings
Grilled Vegetable Orzo Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
A delicious pasta salad made from grilled vegetables and orzo pasta.
- 1 zucchini, large
- 1/4 cup Basil, chopped
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Red onion
- 1 1/4 cups Orzo pasta
- 1 Pepper
- 1 Salt
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- In a medium pan on the stove, cook the Orzo according to the package instructions and then place to the side in a large bowl.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, chopped garlic, and olive oil.
- Mix together. In a separate bowl, add together your chopped bell peppers, zucchini, red onion, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Saute on the stove over medium heat for 10-12 minutes. (*Tip, You can also make the vegetables into longer cuts and grill them if you prefer).
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add them to the bowl with the orzo and cherry tomatoes, pour over the red wine vinegar, basil and stir it all together.
- You can serve this as a side sidh or use it as a meatless main dish.
Serving Size:1 meal
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 9gSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 8g